Cyprus is a modern, cosmopolitan business hub, strategically located at the crossroads of three major continents: Europe, Africa and Asia. As such, the small island has become a fundamental financial center, and a gateway for conducting business between east and west, where opportunities for investment across a wide range of sectors flourish. Cyprus also boasts a rich heritage and diverse culture, as well as some of the most beautiful natural habitats in the world.
Why Investing in Cyprus?
A gateway to Europe (Obtain Cyprus / EU Citizenship)
The Cyprus Citizenship by investment scheme allows third country nationals and non-Cypriot high net worth individuals, along with their families, to acquire Cypriot passport by investing at least 2millions in real estate. Cypriot passport holders are, by extension, EU citizens, which makes them eligible to enter, reside, study and work in the EU. Passport holders are not required to permanently reside in Cyprus.
The economy is expected to continue its cyclical upswing. In 2018, its global performance and appeal have been internationally recognized as a “Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Superstar”.
Competitive Tax Regimes
Cyprus is a highly reputable and reliable international business center with a sophisticated infrastructure. It entices investors with one of the lowest corporate income tax rates in Europe (12.5%), advantageous Double Tax Treaties (DTTs) with 64 partner countries and instant company registration (1 to 3 days only).
Emerging Regional Player
The ongoing large-scale infrastructure projects and the thriving oil and gas sector have cemented Cyprus’ position on the investment map.
Thriving Real Estate Market
Beyond its many business advantages and high quality of life, the Cyprus Real Estate Market is robust and healthy, with a projection that this upwards trend will continue for the foreseeable future.
Repeatedly ranked as one of the 10 largest merchant fleets in the world with exciting new opportunities in the energy sector and record-breaking tourism tracks, with new largescale real estate projects and luxury marinas.
Quality of Life
- Language: Cypriots are highly educated and multilingual, with 80% speaking English or another foreign language.
- Education: Cyprus boasts the 2nd highest tertiary education attainment rate in the EU, with 8 Universities and 40 higher education institutions.
- Safety: Cyprus has the lowest crime rate in Europe. Ranked 5th safest country globally, 1st among small countries.
- Climate: 2nd best climate worldwide, enjoying almost 340 days of pleasant sunshine per year.
- Quality of Life: 5th best relocation destination with Limassol being the 4th best retirement destination.